Irvine Valley's men's tennis team all but wrapped up another Orange Empire Conference title with an impressive 6-3 win at rival Cypress on Tuesday afternoon.
The Lasers, ranked No. 1 in the state and the two-time defending state champion, had their troubles with No. 3 Cypress the first time the two teams met.
IVC had to battle back for a 5-4 win at home on Feb. 28.
It was close again for IVC Tuesday, but the after being tied through the singles portion of the contest, the Lasers won all three doubles matches to run away with the victory.
Each team won three singles sets.
The Lasers showed their depth, taking their three wins at the fourth, fifth and sixth positions.
Freshman Chris Politiek defeated Yubo Chen, 6-3, 6-3, at No. 4 singles.
Then in doubles, Politiek and freshman Wyatt DeMulling won, 8-3, on the third court to give Irvine Valley the overall lead in the team score, 4-3.
Mirecki and sophomore Gavin Lynch followed with a 8-6 win at second doubles to clinch the match for IVC.
The win kept Irvine Valley undefeated on the season and improved the team's record to 11-0 overall.
Cypress slipped to 10-4 overall.
The Lasers take on Orange Coast at home on Thursday and then have spring break next week. But IVC will still have matches. The Lasers will host four-year Concordia on Tuesday at 10 a.m. and then four-year Wisconsin Whitewater on Wednesday at 10 a.m.
1) Maximilien Blancaneaux (CYP) def. Wyatt DeMulling (IVC), 6-2, 6-1
2) Vincent Reynaud (CYP) def. Lucas Lesoeur (IVC), 7-5, 6-0
3) Thomas Kyle (CYP) def. Javier Callejo (IVC), 4-6, 3-2 (ret.)
4) Chris Politiek (IVC) def. Yubo Chen (CYP), 6-3, 6-3
5) Leszek Mirecki (IVC) def. Gertjan De Wilder (CYP), 6-3, 6-3
6) Luis Castillo (IVC) def. Nick Turner (CYP), 6-2, 6-0
1) Lesoeur/Callejo (IVC) def. Blancaneaux/Reynaud (CYP), 9-7
2) Mirecki/Gavin Lynch (IVC) def. De Wilder/Ingmar Remmerswaal (CYP), 8-6
3) Politiek/DeMulling (IVC) def. Chen/Kyle (CYP), 8-3