Irvine Valley's men's tennis team finished up the regular season with a 9-0 loss at Riverside in an Orange Empire Conference match on Tuesday at Riverside.
Riverside, ranked No. 2 in Southern California, clinched a share of the conference title with the victory. The Tigers shared the championship with No. 4 Cypress.
IVC was the four-time defending conference champion.
Irvine Valley wrapped up the regular season with a record of 6-9 overall and 6-4 in conference. The Lasers, ranked No. 6 in Southern California, ended in third place in the standings.
IVC now awaits the announcement of the So. Cal. Dual Team Regional Playoff brackets.
Eight teams from Southern California make the field.
In singles, IVC freshman Thallys Santos went to three sets. He fell in a third-set super tiebreaker, 11-9.
Riverside ended the regular season with a record of 18-2 overall and 9-1 in conference.
1) Kayne Trustfull (RCC) def. Michael Bott (IVC), 6-4, 6-2
2) Thomas Pidoux (RCC) def. Jacob Holiday (IVC), 6-2, 6-0
3) Elie-Noe Nicolay (RCC) def. William Li (IVC), 6-3, (retired)
4) Sami Akoux (RCC) def. Thallys Santos (IVC), 3-6, 7-6 (4), (11-9)
5) Miles Clark (RCC) def. Alvaro Mantilla (IVC), 6-2, 6-2)
6) Thierry van OS (RCC) def. Stuart Webb (IVC), 6-2, 6-1
1) Trustfull/Pidoux (RCC) def. Santos/Bott (IVC), 8-2
2) Akouz/van Os (RCC) def. Webb/Murphy (IVC), 8-5
3) Clark/Nicolay (RCC) def. Holiday/Li (IVC), 8-6