Irvine Valley's women's volleyball team missed most of the rain on Wednesday afternoon in its matches against the University of Arizona and rival Cypress.
The Lasers came away with a split, falling to the powerful PAC-12 Arizona, 5-0, but beating Cypress, 4-1.
Arizona also beat Vanguard, 5-0, on the day.
Irvine Valley improved its record to 4-2 on the season.
Irvine Valley had one contest go the distance against Arizona with the freshman duo of Anna Unke and Gabriela Griego pushing Jonny Baham and Brooke Burling before losing, 19-21, 21-16, 15-7 on court two.
Against Cypress, Irvine Valley cruised on the first three courts, taking each match in straight sets.
Irvine Valley's No. 1 team of sophomore Renata Bath and freshman Lea Kruse won, 21-13, 21-16, the No. 2 team of Unke and Griego came out on top, 21-13, 21-10 and the third duo of sophomores Emilie Austin and Alyssa Vortouni won, 21-12, 21-16.
Cypress earned a win from its No. 4 team of Marina Pilkington and Ashley Corona in three sets, 21-19, 17-21, 15-11.
Irvine Valley is back in action next Thursday when it plays at Long Beach State at 2:30 p.m.
The Lasers then host Missouri State and Golden West on Friday beginning at 12:00 p.m.
Arizona 5, Irvine Valley 0
Irvine Valley 4, Cypress 1
Arizona 5, Vanguard 0
1. Olivia Hallaran/Madison Rigdon (ARIZ) def. Kellie Dowell/Hannah Holder (VAN), 21-17, 21-18
2. Natalie Anselmo/Mia Mason (ARIZ) def. Gabby Morison/Charity Dennis (VAN), 12-21, 21-12, 15-10
3. Jonny Baham/Brooke Burling (ARIZ) def. Dani Endelate/Brooke Wilsman (VAN), 21-8, 21-9
4. Sarah Blacker/Jasmine Safar (ARIZ) def. Eliana Johnson/Karly Cantu (VAN), 21-14, 21-5
5. Ainise Vavili/Dana Parker (ARIZ) def. Kayla Darm/Mack Mitchell (VAN), 21-13, 21-11