Irvine Valley's men's tennis team battled Concordia University tough, but fell, 6-3, in a non-conference match at home on Saturday.
The loss dropped Irvine Valley's record to 1-1 on the season. It was the season opener for Concordia, which is a four-year NAIA university in Irvine.
But the Eagles rallied with five wins in singles to pull out the overall victory.
Christian Wichenhauser and Jan Guler, who teamed to earn Concordia's lone doubles win, each picked up straight set victories at the top two spots in singles.
Wickenhauser defeated Ucelay, 7-6(5), 6-0, at the No. 1 position.
Guler defeated Irvine Valley sophomore Steven Le, 6-1, 6-2, at No. 2 singles.
Moritz Pronath (No. 3 singles), Severin Diemand (No. 5 singles) and Hayden Hensley (No. 6 singles) each also picked up straight-set wins for Concordia.
Irvine Valley's lone win in singles came at the No. 4 spot where Pham defeated Concordia's Kai Kope in three sets, 6-3, 4-6, 6-3.
1) Christian Wickenhauser (CU) def. Guillermo Ucelay (IVC), 7-6(5), 6-0
2) Jan Guler (CU) def. Steven Le (IVC), 6-1, 6-2
3) Moritz Pronath (CU) def. James Lafond (IVC), 6-1, 6-3
4) Kevin Pham (IVC) def. Kai Kope (CU), 6-3, 4-6, 6-3
5) Severin Diemand (CU) def. Max Remeau (IVC), 7-6(7), 7-5
6) Hayden Hensley (CU) def. Tom Gibson (IVC), 6-1, 7-6(2)
1) Wickenhauser/Guler (CU) def. Jack Divorty/Le (IVC), 8-1
2) Austin Do/Pham (IVC) def. Kope/Diemand (CU), 8-6
3) Ucelay/Lafond (IVC) def. Pronath/Farren Casad (CU), 8-6