Irvine Valley's women's tennis team wrapped up second place in the Orange Empire Conference with a 8-1 win at Orange Coast on Thursday.
The Lasers improved their record to 9-4 overall and 7-2 in conference. They are two matches ahead of both Cypress and Saddleback for second.
IVC has just more conference match left - against Saddleback next Thursday.
Riverside has already clinched the conference title.
It is the first time since the 2010 season that Irvine Valley will finish second in conference.
Against Orange Coast, Irvine Valley won five of six matches in singles and all three in doubles.
The Lasers took four of the five singles matches in straight sets.
Athanas won, 6-3, 6-0, at No. 2 singles, Cung came out on top, 6-2, 6-0, at the No. 5 position and Navabsafavi didn't give up a game in winning, 6-0, 6-0, at No. 6 singles.
Sophomore Christie Yamasaki had the best match of the day, earning a 6-4, 3-6, 6-3 victory at No. 3 singles for IVC.
Irvine Valley will take a break from conference play next Tuesday and travel to Mt. San Antonio for a 2 p.m. match.
Mt. SAC is ranked No. 1 in Southern California.
Irvine Valley def. Orange Coast, 8-1
1) Hali Dickson (OCC) def. Renee Walton (IVC), 6-3, 6-1
2) Ashley Athanas (IVC) def. Emily Nickles (OCC), 6-3, 6-0
3) Christie Yamasaki (IVC) def. Sarah Sampouw (OCC), 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
4) Marissa Woolsey (IVC) def. Natsuki Tanaka (OCC), 6-2, 6-3
5) Tiana Cung (IVC) def. Lindsay Clawson (OCC), 6-2, 6-0
6) Parmida Navabsafavi (IVC) def. Ivana Kovacevic (OCC), 6-0, 6-0
1) Walton/Cung (IVC) def. Dickson/Nickles (OCC), 8-4
2) Athanas/Woolsey (IVC) def. Sampouw/Clawson (OCC), 8-3
3) Ruth Chou/Navabsafavi (IVC) def. Tanaki/Maddy Akil (OCC), 8-3