Irvine Valley's women's tennis team played tough, but couldn't move on past the first round of the Southern California Regional Team Playoffs.
The Lasers were the No. 4 seed and earned a home match, but fell to defending state champion Mt. San Antonio, 5-3, on Tuesday at Irvine Valley.
IVC defeated Mt. SAC, 6-3, earlier this season.
Mt. SAC, seeded sixth moves on to the second round where it will play at top-seeded Cerritos or No. 8 seed Santa Barbara City next Tuesday.
Irvine Valley looked good early on Tuesday, taking a 2-1 lead in matches after doubles.
But Mt. SAC picked up wins on the first through fourth singles courts to move on to the next round.
IVC's Ryabokonova won, 6-4, 6-3 at No. 5 singles.
Mazzarini had split sets on the sixth singles court, but that match was halted.
Irvine Valley, which finished second in the Orange Empire Conference, ended its team season with a record of 7-6 overall. Mt. SAC improved its record to 13-7 overall.
Mt. SAC 5, Irvine Valley 3
1) Connie Aranguiz (MTSAC) def. Sarah Mae Garcia (IVC), 6-4, 6-2
2) Judy Ung (MTSAC) def. Samantha Paz (IVC), 6-4, 6-1
3) Kristen Russo (MTSAC) def. Lou Baize (IVC), 6-0, 6-2
4) Amberly Huang (MTSAC) def. Samantha Schwarz (IVC), 6-1, ret.
5) Karina Ryabokonova (IVC) def. Jessica Ulloa (MTSAC), 6-4, 6-3
6) Sierra Mazzarini (IVC) vs. Jasmin Bowright (MTSAC), 4-6, 6-3 (unfinished)
1) Garcia/Schwarz (IVC) def. Aranguiz/Ung (MTSAC), 8-6
2) Russo/Huang (MTSAC) def. Paz/Baize (IVC), 8-4
3) Ryabokonova/Mazzarini (IVC) def. Ulloa/ Amanda Perez