Irvine Valley's women's tennis team lost to Riverside, 7-2, in an Orange Empire Conference match on Thursday at Riverside.
The defeat dropped IVC's record to 1-2 in conference and 2-5 overall.
Irvine Valley picked up one win in singles and one in doubles.
In singles, freshman Parmida Navabsafavi defeated Riverside's Venezia Moyano, 7-5, 6-3, at the No. 6 position.
IVC sophomore Kristina Ebon also played well. She went three sets, but ended up losing to Briana Bowers, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4, at the No. 4 spot.
Irvine Valley plays again next Tuesday at home against Saddleback.
1) Acacia Dettmen (RCC) def. Renee Walton (IVC) 6-0, 6-1
2) Annely Heinze (RCC) def. Ruth Chou (IVC), 6-0, 6-1
3) Sheila James (RCC) def. Christine Yamasaki (IVC), 6-2, 6-1
4) Briana Bowers (RCC) def. Kristina Ebon (IVC), 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
5) Serena Cardenas (RCC) def. Marissa Woolsey (IVC) 6-0, 6-1
6) Parmida Navabsafavi (IVC) def. Venezia Moyano (RCC), 7-5, 6-3
1) James/Dettman (RCC) def. Walton/Ebon (IVC), 8-2
2) Heinze/Cardenas (RCC) def. Yamasaki/Chou (IVC), 8-3
3) Anna Pham/Julia Gotico (IVC) def. Bowers/Tiffany Cheek (RCC), 8-6