Irvine Valley's women's tennis team played Riverside close at several places in the ladder on Tuesday at home.
But the Lasers came away with just one victory in an 8-1 loss to the Tigers.
Irvine Valley freshman Parmida Navabsafavi won, 6-4, 6-4, at the No. 6 singles spot.
Freshman Kristina Ebon lost a tough three-set match at No. 4 singles for the Lasers.
Irvine Valley was close at No. 1 doubles with freshman Renee Walton and Ebon dropping a 8-6 match.
The Lasers' record slipped to 2-9 overall and 1-5 in conference.
1) Heinze (RCC) def. Renee Walton (IVC), 6-0, 6-2
2) Dettman (RCC) def. Ruth Chou (IVC), 6-1, 6-0
3) James (RCC) def. Christine Yamasaki (IVC), 6-3, 6-0
4) Bowers (RCC) def. Kristina Ebon (IVC), 6-2, 4-6, 6-0
5) Cardenas (RCC) def. Marissa Woolsey (IVC), 6-2, 6-2
6) Parmida Navabsafavi (IVC) def. Moyano (RCC), 6-4, 6-4
1) Dettman/James (RCC) def. Walton/Ebon (IVC), 8-6
2) Heinz/Cardenas (RCC) def. Yamasaki/Chou (IVC), 8-4